The Tadpoles Triathlon Series is a kids (7 to 12 years) series run as part of the SunSmart Triathlon Series and is a fantastic way to introduce kids to the sport of triathlon. The Tadpoles distance is 100m swim, 3km ride and 500m run, the Tadpoles Triathlon kicks off the day at 7am. This event is all about participation, having fun and having a go so it is not timed nor are there any prizes for places.
As part of your kids entry, they also receive a finishers medal, juice box, sausage sizzle and going into the running to win a kids bike at the end of the season (which you don’t have to be present for) – therefore if you enter all five events, you receive 5 entries into the draw. We have a number of volunteers positioned throughout the course including in transition to help kids get dressed (tie shoelaces, clip on helmets, and help lift bikes etc). We ask that parents let the volunteers and staff help kids, and do not enter transition or the course.
TriEvents Tadpoles Series 2016/17
|#1 City of Joondalup Triathlon||Sunday 11 December 2016||Whitfords Nodes Park, Hillarys|
|#2 City of Perth Triathlon||Sunday 15 January 2017||Elizabeth Quay, Perth City|
|#3 City of Busselton Triathlon||Sunday 29 January 2017||Port Geographe Marina, Busselton|
|#4 City of Rockingham Triathlon||Sunday 19 February 2017||Bell Park, Rockingham|
|#5 City of Joondalup Triathlon #2||Sunday 9 April 2017||Whitfords Nodes Park, Hillarys|
|Tadpoles Triathlon Series||$70||$95|
- Late Entries: Only online entries will be accepted after midnight on the Wednesday preceding the event and will incur a $10 late fee.
- Race Day Entries will be available ONLY if the event is not already full and will be subject to a late fee. Please note – many races last season sold out prior to the event, so avoid disappointment and enter early.
Tadpoles participants must be 7 years of age (maximum 12 years) as at the 31st December, 2016 to be able to participate in the Tadpoles events for the duration of the 2016/17 season.
- Entry Fees are non-refundable.
- TriEvents reserves the right to alter the format of the event in the interest of competitor safety if deemed necessary due to prevailing weather conditions.
- Entries received after Wednesday preceding the event will be deemed late and will have late fees applied as per the Entry Fees – Additional Fees Section
What is a TWA Membership?
A ‘TWA Membership’ is a Triathlon Western Australia Membership, which has various benefits including race discounts. Memberships are available for juniors, individuals and families, click here to view the members available.