5km run, 20km ride,
A duathlon is now incorporated into each race of the TriSeries* and as a stand alone event – The City of Armadale Duathlon (click here for COA event distances). A duathlon is ideal for those who are still finding their stride with ocean water swimming, or simply for participants who prefer to run, ride and then run again! *Note: Joondalup #1 race is a shorter format (2km run, 7km cycle, 1km run).
100m swim, 3km ride,
The Tadpoles Triathlon Series is a fun, non-competitive triathlon. Entry includes a finishers medal, juice box & muesli bar. A number of volunteers are along the course including to help kids get dressed (tie shoelaces, clip on helmets, and help lift bikes etc). Ages 7 to 12.
Enticer (Novice) Distance
250m swim, 10km ride,
A short distance (or ‘Enticer’) triathlon for beginner & those looking to have fun! Participants generally take between 25 minutes and two hours to complete the course. There are no cut off times as the enticer distance is run prior to the sprint distance events. Medal are presented to the top three male and female participants of each age group.
Pursuit (Sprint) Distance
750m swim, 20km ride, 5km run
A sprint(or Pursuit) distance triathlon is the most popular distance in the SunSmart Triathlon Series and is run at all events except the City of Busselton Triathlon (Race 3). The top three males and females in each category are presented with a medal. Typically, athletes take anywhere from 55 minutes up to three hours to complete this distance.
1km swim, 28km ride,
The Pursuit 2.0 distance is new to the SunSmart Triathlon Series in 2017/18 and will be the distance at the final race of the series – City of Joondalup #2. It’s the ultimate challenge for those who have mastered the Pursuit distance, and is also an excellent option for participants who are building up to a Standard Distance Triathlon.
1500m swim, 40km ride,
The SunSmart Triathlon Series only runs one Standard Distance Triathlon at the City of Busselton Triathlon (substituted for the usual sprint distance). Medals are presented to the top three male and female triathletes of each age group.This event is the State Standard Distance Triathlon Championship. Min age (as per Triathlon Australia ruling) is 15 years as of 31/12/2017.
6 RACE Series Entry Fees
|Series Fees inc 6 Races
(COA Duathlon + ALL SunSmart Tri Series Races)
|Pursuit + City of Armadale Duathlon (long course)||$410||$486|
|Junior Pursuit + City of Armadale Duathlon (long course)||$325||$401|
|Enticer + City of Armadale Duathlon (short course)||$290||$326|
|Junior Enticer + City of Armadale Duathlon (short course)||$226||$262|
5 RACE Series Entry Fees
|Series Fees inc 5 Races
(ALL SunSmart Triathlon Series Races)
City of Armadale Duathlon Entry Fees
City of Armadale Duathlon
|Long Course Junior||$50||$61|
|Short Course Junior||$40||$45|
Individual Race Entry Fees
SunSmart Triathlon Series
NON Members #
|Junior Pursuit Bunbury||$87||$108||N/A||N/A|
|Junior TriSeries Duathlon||$47||$52||N/A||N/A|
|Tadpoles Triathlon Series||$70||$95|
- Late Entries: Only online entries will be accepted after midnight on the Wednesday preceding the event and will incur a $10 late fee.
- Race Day Entries will be available ONLY if the event is not already full and will be subject to a late fee. Please note – ALL races last season sold out prior to the event, so avoid disappointment and enter early.
- Lost Timing Band Fee of $40 will apply in the event that you do not return your timing band given to you at registration (a window of 10 days following the event is allowed for you to return your timing band if you forget to do it at the event).
Enticer & Duathlon competitors must be 12 years of age as at the 31st December, 2017 in order to compete in the enticer or duathlon category for the duration of the 2017/18 season.
Pursuit* competitors must be 14 years of age as at the 31st December, 2017 in order to compete in the pursuit category of the duration of the 2017/18 season.
Tadpoles participants must be 7 years of age as at the 31st December, 2017 to be able to participate in the Tadpoles events for the duration of the 2017/18 season.
- Entry Fees are non-refundable.
- TriEvents reserves the right to alter the format of the event in the interest of competitor safety if deemed necessary due to prevailing weather conditions.
- Entries received after Wednesday preceding the event will be deemed late and will have late fees applied as per the Entry Fees – Additional Fees Section
- *14’s will not be allowed to compete in the Junior Pursuit at the Bunbury City Classic Standard Distance Triathlon. All 14’s will race in the Enticer race.
What is a TWA Membership?
A ‘TWA Membership’ is a Triathlon Western Australia Membership, which has various benefits including race discounts. Memberships are available for juniors, individuals and families, click here to view the memberships available. Participants who are not members are required to pay a Day License Fee – this fee provides event insurance cover, required by the sanctioning body of Triathlon Australia.